Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sacramento Gran Prix

This past weekend Sacramento held what I consider a great event for cycling and Sacramento, the Sacramento Gran Prix, organized by Project Sport along with the Sacramento Sport Commission. This group also puts on the Pittsburgh And San Rafael Twilight races! This race is a party! Vendors, beer gardens, umbrella girls, fast racing and awesome people all around!

Only speaking for myself, but I am certain many others would agree, please bring this race back EVERY year! I can see it only getting bigger by year. Make it happen people!

My own race was much like the rest of the year, a struggle! I poorly planned my fitness this year and paid the price! Training for road races but racing criteriums was an obvious mistake! Was that done on purpose? Of course not! 2012 is a new year with new energy and goals! Criterium training and racing...weight room and intervals! Back to the BMX days under the squat rack!

The pic, my good friend Nick Oliver in the P/1/2 race! More pics can be seen at the link below:

http://imagesbydereknovaes.smugmug.com/Sports/Cycling/2011-Sacramento-Gran-Prix/19020084_pfkCvx#1478294206_4rNGTjp

No comments:

Post a Comment