Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Winters Road Race

Last weekend was a big race for our team. We had some 10 guys riding in a group of 50. The goal, get a couple of teammates in the lead and let them do the work! I had spend hours on a bike, and 775 miles preping for this race. Believe it or not, the hard work paid off! I raced up the hill and broke the field up and made life easier for the guys on the team, which resulted in a 3rd and 6th. As for my result, not sure, guessing somewhere around 20-30th, my body broke down some 15 miles from the finish, but pure stuborness and the fact that I had spent so much time getting ready for this race, I was gonna finish this SOB. The hardest race ever for me, but I did my job as promised!

Thanks to Nick O. for the pic and the water bottles and coke! Youre a brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment