Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tire Blow Out!

 As most of you know, on our way back from Dillon Beach this past July, more specifically, I-80 in Dixon. I knew the tires needed attention, but not like this! All of our precious cargo was on board: Melissa, Brady, Drew, and my bike! Thanks to my mad cycling skills, we're all fine and in one piece!

A cool CHP officer rolled up and with the support of his fellow CHP officer, they slowed traffic down so we could drive across the freeway and into....gulp, a freakin' Wal-Mart parking lot! There we waited for a "tow" truck, but by the time they got there, I had the car unpacked and the wheel ready to come off! With the spare on and the blown tire and wheel in the tow truck, we drove about a mile to the Dixon Les Schwab!

An hour later we drove home and everyone was safe! Lots more to come since the tire did some good damage to the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment