Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dillon Beach to Pt. Reyes Station


Once a year the family heads out to Dillon Beach for a few days, much to do with Nana & Papa and their cool hook up with Ed & Katherine! The kids have been going to Dillon Beach every single summer since they have been alive! Cool stuff and an enormous appreciation for the days we spend Thanks again of course!
 In addition to spending quality time with the kids, I get to pedal my bike around the world famous roads of Marin County! FYI, Bicycling Magazine just named these roads the best cycling roads in California! My first day I pedaled to Point Reyes Station, a fun 42 mile ride round trip, about 3,000 feet of climbing, mostly on Highway 1 along the Tomales Bay!Getting out of Dillon, the first 2 miles are a bitch, but after that its smooth sailing!
A few looking Northwest off Highway 1! I have done this ride about 5 times, however, this day was by far the best day! Clear, pretty, a bit breezy, but I will take it compared to overcast skies!
Due to the fact that the day was so awesome, I stopped and took pictures like a tourist! Felt kind of wierd doing it, but I was a must on this amazing day!
The final destination in the town of Point Reyes Station! For $2.25 you get a small cup of coffee and a refill! Its a perfect pick me up before heading back! This is the ONLY ride I do that I actually stop for a coffee! Hey, once a year is pretty dang good for me!
The first cup and my loyal friend, she's always helping me lead the way!
The second cup and its time to head back!
This shot was taken looking Southwest back to Point Reyes!

My stupid photographer moment! Awesome day on the bike in Marin County! See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment