Monday, December 5, 2011

San Francisco Photography Getaway Part 1

This past weekend I took a trip to San Francisco to play with my camera and experience the beauty and the photographic experience of the city. It was a partial birthday weekend gift from Melissa, Valerie and Gabe, I will explain... Valerie purchased a Groupon from a photographer named John Ater. John gave a seminar for beginning and aspiring photographers. Huh!?, you may ask, why would Derek need that? Well, it was something that Val bought for her, but wanted to drag me along. Yes it was basic for me, but what John did was to push my envelope and encouraged me to push myself and my limits! Having a good ass kicking is healthy, trust me!

This sign caught my attention immediately. What did it mean? Who put it there? I have no idea! I liked it, shot it and here it is!

While walking around Val found this wall and I knew I had to use it! Plus having a kick butt drop dead gorgeous "model" hanging around helps ALOT! I LOVE the urban feel to this wall, plus Val's red hair and look really added to the vibe of the pic! Thanks Val for dropping your camera for a few minutes!

Before I continue, I must thank Melissa and Gabe for hanging back withe kids and pulling duty so we could click-away, while away! Thanks Valerie for bringing me along your experience and of course, John Ater for pushing the limits a bit further!

MUCH more to come, trust me, much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment